The World Association for Infant Mental Health (WAIMH) is a not-for-profit organization for scientific and educational professionals.
WAIMH’s central aim is to promote the mental wellbeing and healthy development of infants throughout the world, taking into account cultural, regional, and environmental variations, and to generate and disseminate scientific knowledge.
- Increased knowledge about mental development and disorder in children from conception to three years of age
- The dissemination of scientific knowledge about services for care, intervention and prevention of mental disorder, and impairment in infancy
- The dissemination of evidence-based knowledge about ways to support the developmental transition to parenthood, as well as the healthy aspects of parenting and care giving environments
- The international cooperation of professionals concerned with promoting the optimal development of infants, as well as the prevention and treatment of mental disorders in the early years
- Aspects of research, education, and interventions in the above areas